Arash and Arman’s decision to leave the capital and pursue their dreams of living off the grid at an inherited plot of land – a former tea farm – in Tonekabon, near the south of the Caspian Sea, was a courageous one. It was not only a way to pursue their dreams but also a way to reconstruct their family legacy. The tea plant was an important plant among their family, and by saving the remaining tea plants on their land, they were able to preserve a part of their family’s history and culture. It takes a lot of determination and hard work to build a new life from scratch, especially in an area that is not well-connected to the outside world.
The brothers’ background in software development, as evidenced by their software company Arixstudio, was likely a valuable asset in their new venture. They could leverage their skills to create new technologies and systems that would help them live more sustainably and efficiently on their land.
Arixplanet, named after their software company, was not just a new home for the brothers but also a new beginning. They had to learn how to farm and cultivate the land, build their own infrastructure, and create a sustainable ecosystem that would support their new lifestyle.
Despite the challenges, the brothers were able to build a thriving community around Arixplanet and share their knowledge and experience with others who were interested in living sustainably off the grid. Their journey is a testament to the power of determination and hard work in achieving one’s dreams.
- The purpose of the project was to experience an off-the-grid lifestyle and live independently from traditional utilities and services.
- The project aimed to honor and preserve the family legacy by reviving and utilizing the land that was once used for tea farming.
- The project sought to enhance the brothers' knowledge and skills in agriculture by learning how to cultivate the land and grow their own food.
- The project aimed to safeguard the remaining tea plants on the land, which held significant importance to the family's cultural heritage.
- The project aimed to acquire new skills in carpentry to enable the brothers to build and maintain their own infrastructure and housing.
- The project aimed to serve as a foundation for starting small sustainable businesses and generating income, thereby promoting self-sufficiency.
- The project entailed confronting and overcoming various life challenges, such as extreme weather conditions, isolation, and limited access to modern amenities.
- The project's objective was to enhance the brothers' financial literacy, in addition to their knowledge of agriculture, to ensure sustainable living and financial stability.
- The project aimed to enhance the brothers' physical and mental health by living an active and healthy lifestyle, such as through manual labor and outdoor activities.
- The project aimed to acquire new skill sets that would enable the brothers to overcome various challenges, such as building their own wooden houses and launching tourism and farming businesses.
- The project aimed to promote ecological sustainability by implementing practices that minimized the impact on the environment, such as using renewable energy sources and sustainable farming methods.
- The project aimed to expand the brothers' community by making new friends and building relationships with the local people, thereby promoting a sense of belonging and connection to the land.
- The project aimed to inspire others to pursue a more sustainable and self-sufficient lifestyle by sharing their knowledge and experiences with the wider community.
- The project approach involved embracing new challenges with an open mind and a positive attitude, while remaining adaptable to change and uncertainty.
- The project approach focused on personal growth and development, using problem-solving techniques to overcome obstacles and barriers as they arose.
- The project approach involved seeking support from friends and family to manage unpredictable expenses during construction projects, while remaining financially responsible.
- The project approach included sharing progress updates through social media to inspire followers to participate in volunteering programs, providing opportunities for them to contribute to the project and gain new experiences.